[fpc-devel] First cppclass test

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Sat Oct 31 11:38:08 CET 2009

Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
> Sven Barth schrieb:
>> All in all I have the following goals for (my) future work on this:
>> * make a cppclass an implicit pointer
>
> I don't like this idea because C++-classes aren't an implicit pointer
> either.

At first I wanted to disagree with you... philosophing about the Pascal
way of doing things, bla, bla...

But after 8 km of deep thinking (as I'm riding those by bike, I have
much time :) ), I came to the conclusion that you are right. We are
interfacing with a foreign language here and if we are in Rome, we shall
do as the Romans do...

so: forget the idea of implicit pointers ^^

Another question though: Do you want me to write tests for the compiler
for this feature (e. g. those in the tests directory)? If so, how do you
suggest to write those tests, especially as they (currently) rely on a
external library...

Regards,
Sven