[fpc-devel] csize_t

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:43:41 CET 2009

2009/10/28 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:
>>> I think the description is a bit strange: "Character size type". I
>>> wouldhave
>>> guess the c was not because of Character, but because of the C language.
>>
>> The descriptions is completely wrong.
>>

> Michael, do you need a bug report?

 Originally Posted by google
`size_t' is a type suitable for representing the amount
of memory a data object requires, expressed in units of `char'.
It is an integer type (C cannot keep track of fractions of a
`char'), and it is unsigned (negative sizes make no sense).
It is the type of the result of the `sizeof' operator. It is
the type you pass to malloc() and friends to say how much
memory you want. It is the type returned by strlen() to say
how many "significant" characters are in a string

The more detailed answer is here:
   http://bytes.com/forum/thread220206.html

  - Graeme -