[fpc-devel] TObject differences between fpc and delphi

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Oct 27 15:54:27 CET 2009

Zitat von Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>
>> Paul Ishenin schrieb:
>>> I have compared what d2010 TObject has and found a few differences:
>>>
>>> 1. Dispatch method is virtual
>>> 2. new method: class function UnitName: string;
>>> 3. new method: function Equals(Obj: TObject): Boolean; virtual;
>>> 4. new method: function GetHashCode: Integer; virtual;

>>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/System.TObject.Dispatch
>>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/System.TObject.UnitName
>>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/System.TObject.Equals
>>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/System.TObject.GetHashCode
>>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/System.TObject.ToString
>>>
>>> Which of that changes are welcome for FPC?
>>
>> Since we opened the d2010 can of worms anyways, I think all would be
>> accepted.
>
> I was going to say the same :-)
>
> Although I think that  TObject.ToString will give a lot of problems
> for things like tiOPF...
>
> On the other hand, UnitName may come in handy for the Lazarus IDE.

Lazarus already reads the unitname from the RTTI (see propedits.pp)
and I guess MSEgui uses that too.
There are no classes yet without RTTI in lazarus where the unit name
is needed.

Maybe it can be useful for debugging?

Mattias