[fpc-devel] GTK vs GTK2

Desmond Coertzen patrolliekaptein at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:29:56 CEST 2009

More testing...

I think the problem here is not the speed at which i can splash stuff onto a
canvas (the difference between GTk1 vs GTk2 is very little), but rather the
rate at which the OnPaint events are called with the TCustomControl class
when using with GTk2

There seems to be a delay of at least 16ms between paint events (i measured
18.519ms).

I think the problem might be an indefinite sleep between each fetch from the
event queue, or, the fetch is on a timer and only one event is fetched on
each timer interval instead of flushing the entire queue on each timer
event.

I don't know how the GTK2 implementation in fpc works. I'm only guessing
here.

My FPC version is 2.2.4, target Linux for i386

I have not tried Qt yet.

Anyone with more advice?