[fpc-devel] New feature discussion: for-in loop

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Oct 21 09:27:35 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Ideally, the compiler has no knowledge at all of specific classes, and a
> new
> keyword such as Iterator (or whatever) helps in ensuring that the compiler
> is not contaminated with knowledge of specific classes or methods.

That is a very conservative (but of course viable) view on a language.
Plain old C is clean in that way, but I suppose even C++ (which I never
use) is not.

I have the impression that modern implementation of languages
increasingly do provide "syntax sugar" to improve the usability of
certain library functions.

-Michael