[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:26:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> Please no. While I directly agree it is better, having incompatible syntax,
> specially for minor features is more trouble then it is worth, since
> eventually the Delphi syntax will have to be supported anyway.
Agreed, and that's quite sad, eventual Delphi syntax support makes
FreePascal actually FreeDelphi.

About FPC syntax and new feature: fpc packages (afaik not yet implemented).
I'm wondering, what syntax would be used to define an "external"
class. Would it follow obj-p (objc branch) style? (adding 'external'
keyword after class declaration).

thanks,
dmitry