[fpc-devel] New feature discussion: for-in loop

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 20 10:19:24 CEST 2009

In our previous episode, Paul Ishenin said:
> It is obvious you are full of energy to discuss new language features.
>
> The next feature which we should think of is for-in loop:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/for-in_loop
>
> There you can find:
> 1. Delphi implementation details
> 2. Proposed extended syntax
> 3. Proposed compiler implementation
>
> While discussion please try to have delphi compatibility in the mind.

I had a discussion with Marc W. about this on the last BBQ (Micha and
Vincent might have been there too). IIRC we agreed that the set
functionality is the most important by far, suggest to prioritize that

btw the earlier discussions about D2005+ functionality are archived at:

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/delphilater.txt

I wanted to use this for an article, so the log are sligtly processed and
annotated.