[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Oct 19 14:07:08 CEST 2009

On 19 Oct 2009, at 05:25, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Paul Ishenin said:
>
>> If we want to port code which is made for the recent delphi we need
>> support it syntax. Delphi has "sealed". Why should we invent
>> something
>> uncompatible?
>
> For delphi compatibility we only need to skip it. I agree mostly
> with Jonas
> here, I think this is one of those access control things added by
> popular
> demand (because language xxx has it).

Note that I only think that it's a bad idea to use this feature for
optimization purposes (because it invites breaking the design of
interfaces for no good reason: the performance improvements will be
small and they can be achieved much better by automated means anyway).
I have no strong opinion on it otherwise.

Jonas