[fpc-devel] msgtxt.inc and msgidx.inc

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 19 10:44:46 CEST 2009

Alexander Klenin schrieb:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 18:44, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> Alexander Klenin schrieb:
>>> BTW, I have already asked in the beginning of the thread,
>>> but got no answer: why are those files under version control at all?
>> Because it's easier to handle when doing compiler development work
>
> What is easier about the need to commit two extra files?

They are just committed when I do
svn ci
?

>> because you usually don't use makefiles to build stuff but some IDE/editor.
>
> I presume the this IDE is usually Lazarus ;-)

I still think that none of the people mainly working on the compiler use
lazarus :)

> AFAIK it is capable
> of calling external tools during the build process.

I want really fast building and no external tool calling etc., that's
why I still use the text mode ide. Not to forget that msg*.inc not the
only auto generated files in the compiler sources: there are e.g.
autogenerated register tables and instruction tables so this adds up.