[fpc-devel] New global CustomApplication variable

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 15 13:06:47 CEST 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> It exists and is implemented in custapp since years for exactly this
>> reason.
>>

> Fine,
> But then the OP's should already have what he needs needs ...
>
> Do in fact Lazarus and MSEGUI use this in the way it is intended ?

Lazarus certainly does.

> A request now might be that the FPC RTL offers a non-gui implementation
> of a message queue that works directly on the system API of the
> supported OSes to allow for events like those that are thrown by things
> like TTimer and TThread.synchronize or to be captured by a construct
> like "procedure ... message". Here MSEGUI on Linux implements something
> based on Signals. (On Windows it supposedly is based on Windows Messages.)
>
> I feel that something like would be worth being provided in the more
> "general" FPC distribution.

Feel free to contibute a descendent of TCustomApplication that adds a
message queue. Personally, I don't see the need, but I can imagine
that someone does.

I say a descendent of TCustomApplication because I don't think it belongs
in TCustomApplication itself, because not all applications need a message
queue.

Michael.