[fpc-devel] Plain tarballs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:35:10 CEST 2009

On 13/10/2009, Neil Graham <Lerc at screamingduck.com> wrote:

> That looked all very interesting and complex (I guess after I've done it
>  a bit that goes away)

If you need further help...

$ git help archive

...and for any other command of git, replace the last word with the
git command. :-)

>  But does this need me to host the 25 odd meg of freepascal? 'cos that'll
>  hurt a bit.

It will only be one large download. Then all other updates are really
small. Compare that to downloading a 25meg tarball (or whatever size
the archive will be) every time you want to update your zeroinstall.
Having the git repository local will save you more space and bandwidth
in the long run.

  - Graeme -