[fpc-devel] Plain tarballs

Neil Graham Lerc at screamingduck.com
Tue Oct 13 22:52:01 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 22:25 +0200, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Neil Graham said:
> > Something that is just a plain old tarball of the files needed would
> > simplify things a great deal for me.
>
> Aren't you going into the BSD ports direction then? Source + bootstrap
> binaries?

ZeroInstall can go that way with 0compile,  but I'd like to do a binary
feed.  Perhaps Tarball is terminology reserved for source bundles?

Anyway, what I'd more or less want is a tar.gz or bz2 with all of the
same files as the rpm

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.2.4/i386-linux/rpm/fpc-2.2.4-1.i386.rpm