[fpc-devel] make all OPT="gtl"

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Oct 8 09:42:56 CEST 2009

On 07 Oct 2009, at 22:24, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Should I create a bug report or is using -gt for the compiler not
> supported.

It should work.

There is one problem with compiling the RTL with -gt if you assign a
shortstring to itself (e.g., by passing a global variable variable as
var/const-parameter to a function, which then assigns this var
parameter to that global variable) on targets that don't use an
assembler helper for this. And the compiler does this somewhere while
parsing the command line options.

However, I assume this is on i386 and that one does use an assembler
helper. Furthermore, that problem only causes the compiler not to
compile anything, rather than crash during parsing.

Jonas