[fpc-devel] first results of using fpc resources instead of lazarus resources

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Nov 30 10:13:24 CET 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Some questions:
>> 1. Isn't it lazarus that eats the error ?
>
> no
>
>> 2. Is the error you show here a FPCres error ?
>> If 2 is correct (and I think it is), the compiler has no power over what
>> fpcres outputs to
>> screen.
>
> First error "Error while compiling resources" is a compiler error. The error
> I want to see "No known file format detected for file
> 'C:\paul\projects\medavia\lib\i386-win32\fr_page_request2.lfm'" is a fpcres
> error.

This is understood :-)

> I think that showing fpcres error must be somehow possible since fpc has both
> sources of fpc and fpcres.

But fpcres just writes all messages to standard error/output (the console).
To my knowledge, the compiler doesn't do anything with that.

> How to find the source of the error in other case? It is even imposible to
> see that error happens while fpcres execution.

Like I said, to my knowledge the compiler doesn't do anything with the
output of the tools it uses. not 'as', not 'ld', and also not fpcres...

Are you doing this on windows or on linux ?
Can you provide a small test program, so I can test ?

Michael.