[fpc-devel] Defines layout for mips

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:06:07 CET 2009

Hello,

I am wondering about the best way to set the mips target. We are only
targetting mipsel (32-bits, little endian), but the Linux convention
for the name of this target is mipsel, while mips=mipseb, so the
command to build the target should be:

make all TARGET_OS=linux TARGET_CPU=mipsel

and in the future someone could possibly use

make all TARGET_OS=linux TARGET_CPU=mips

To target the mipseb.

But looking at the arm port, it doesn't seam to be done this way,
there is a general arm define and other more specific for big endian
and little endian. But maybe arm is different, because in mips eb or
el is very important, you cannot switch the most in software, and
mipsel is the most common.

I think that the existing defines should be changed from mips to
mipsel, to match the Linux target namming. But I am not sure. Any
comments?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho