[fpc-devel] FPC tests

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Nov 15 15:11:38 CET 2009

On 15 Nov 2009, at 14:52, dmitry boyarintsev wrote:

> I've added the internal i386-darwin assembler to FPC.
> It seems to work fine on my small tests, but I'm having problems using
> FPC tests.
>
> $ make TEST_FPC=~/modcompiler/i386/pp
> make -C utils utils
> make -C units FPC_VERSION= FPC=/Users/dmitry/modcompiler/i386/pp
> CPU_TARGET=is OS_TARGET=registered! OPT="" CCOMPILER= BINUTILSPREFIX=
> Makefile:199: *** The Makefile doesn't support target is-registered!,
> please run fpcmake first.  Stop.
> make: *** [units] Error 2
>
> Making the test with TEST_FPC=/usr/local/bin/ppc386 works fine.
>
> What can be wrong? Can it be caused by the internal darwin assembler
> (registered via assemble.RegisterAssembler()) ?

$ grep 'registered!' *pas
assemble.pas:          writeln('Warning: Assembler is already registered!')
dbgbase.pas:          writeln('Warning: DebugInfo is already registered!')
rabase.pas:          writeln('Warning: Asmmode is already registered!')
systems.pas:   writeln('Warning: Target is already registered!')
systems.pas:    writeln('Warning: ar is already registered!')

The makefile uses $TEST_FPC -iTO and $TEST_FPC -iTP to determine the target OS and target processor. Apparently in that case the compiler prints that warning because you are somehow registering two assemblers with the same id (maybe you used the same id as the external Darwin assembler?)

Jonas