my fault [Re: [fpc-devel] oddity with dwarf debug / fpc]

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Nov 7 19:26:26 CET 2009

Martin wrote on Sat, 07 Nov 2009:

> But it raises another question. If the LCL + SynEdit + all of that
> is compiled with dwarf info, and the project is compiled with stabs
> => how come any debug info for Synedit is included.
>
> and still why different levels?

Probably because either the linker or the debugger got confused.
Mixing different debug formats in the same project is simply not
supported and the resulting behaviour is undefined.

Maybe the compiler should store the kind of debug information that has
been generated per unit, and give a warning when mixing different
kinds of debug info.

Jonas