[fpc-devel] Installation of FPC under Debian from .deb and , rpm packages

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu May 14 20:05:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 19:37, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> Tomas Hajny wrote:

>>> i'd recommend that you compile from source (trunk), as latest debian
>>> is eabi and the fpc release uses oabi.
>>>

>> Was the original post related to ARM processor?
>>
>> Tomas
>>

> Dear Tomas ,
>
> No . It is a PC with Intel processor ( i386 ) .
>
> In the Debian 5.0.0 package installer , searching fpc or lazarus is not
> finding any package ,
> but  in Debian web site  package repository  there are  lazarus and
> fpc  packages  .  When  their  pages  are  visited , they are saying
> that use Synaptic , but Synaptic is not finding either Lazarus or FPC .
>

> I tried only .deb packages from links obtained from Lazarus web site :
> Download Lazarus , and .rpm packages from Lazarus snapshot servers .
>
> Jonas Maebe said that Debian 5.0.0 is using EABI , but FPC and Lazarus
> packages are  old ABI .
 .
 .

Well, I'm afraid that I cannot help you with the problem, but my
understanding is that eabi and oabi conventions (mentioned by Henry
Vermaak above as far as I could see, not Jonas?) are specifications
relevant for ARM platform, not to x86 machines (that's why I asked the
question about ARM), and thus not necessarily related to your issue.

Tomas