[fpc-devel] Installation of FPC under Debian from .deb and ,rpm packages

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Thu May 14 19:37:03 CEST 2009

Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 10:25, Henry Vermaak wrote:
>
>> 2009/5/9 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <sanliturk at ttmail.com>:
>>
>>> Dear FPC Developers ,
>>>
>>> In those days I am trying to install FPC and Lazarus under Debian 5.0.0
>>> from .deb and .rpm builds ( release and snapshots ) without success .
>>>
>> i'd recommend that you compile from source (trunk), as latest debian
>> is eabi and the fpc release uses oabi.
>>

> Was the original post related to ARM processor?
>
> Tomas

Dear Tomas ,

No . It is a PC with Intel processor ( i386 ) .

In the Debian 5.0.0 package installer , searching fpc or lazarus is not
finding any package ,
but  in Debian web site  package repository  there are  lazarus and
fpc  packages  .  When  their  pages  are  visited , they are saying
that use Synaptic , but Synaptic is not finding either Lazarus or FPC .

I tried only .deb packages from links obtained from Lazarus web site :
Download Lazarus , and .rpm packages from Lazarus snapshot servers .

Jonas Maebe said that Debian 5.0.0 is using EABI , but FPC and Lazarus
packages are  old ABI .

When sources are tried to be compiled by make clean all , it is given an
error about

  .../ld :   glib is not found  .

 From GTK web site I have downloaded latest Glib , Gtk , and Pango
packages , but
their

  ~/.configure
  make
  make install

steps did not solve the above missing glib library problem .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk