[fpc-devel] How to search units reported by gdb? (fpc and mseide devels please participate)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Mar 20 19:33:51 CET 2009

On 20 Mar 2009, at 17:52, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> Paul Ishenin wrote:
>> Thanks to Jonas. We don't need to write so big debug paths anymore.
>> He successfully fixed an issue with path in the stabs in r12812.
> Jonas, can you look futher. I pasted one example here (executed -
> file-list-exec-source-files) http://www.hu.freepascal.org/fpcircbot/cgipastebin?msgid=8928
>  It shows that some include files still does not have full paths
> while some have.
> As result executing of "-symbol-list-lines C:\programming\lazarus\lcl
> \include\messagedialogs.inc" fails but "-symbol-list-lines
> messagedialogs.inc" works. But for files with fullname it works ok
> (for example for C:/programming/fpc/rtl/win/winres.inc).

In trunk/r12933 you can now force the compiler to always store
absolute path for include files using -gostabsabsincludes. See the svn
comment for why it's not the default (gcc also never does this, you
can't even force it to do that). There is no way to specify a separate
base directory for an include file in stabs, as opposed to for the
main source file.

The reason that gdb previously already found an absolute path for some
include files, was probably that they were located in the same
directory as the main unit file.

Jonas