[fpc-devel] fpdoc gives error on deprecated keyword

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jul 21 12:33:08 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> compiler, and is intertwined with the code generator, so that is not
>> an option. Don't think I haven't considered it...
>

> I would never...  :-)
> Just thinking about it, a low-dependency pascal parser could be used for many
> things. fpdoc being one. JCF (Jedi Code Formatter) also has it's own pascal
> parser and now included with Lazarus, PasDoc, etc...
>
> Each project seems to implement there own pascal parser - lots of duplicate
> work. But hey, that's life... :)

The fpdoc one is distributed with FPC as a package. Of course tools like pasdoc
and JCF cannot assume FPC, so they must implement their own, since delphi doesn't
distribute one.

I strongly encourage all people that need some form of pascal parsing to use and
enhance the pparser unit. In due course, I'll need to enhance it to parse a complete
unit (assembler excluded) - now it only parses the interface section.

Michael.