[fpc-devel] How to search units reported by gdb? (fpc and mseide devels please participate)

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Fri Feb 27 15:17:29 CET 2009

Hello, FPC developers' list

We have a trouble in lazarus. We need to open units and include files
wich gdb returns to us. The problem is that gdb repors them without full
path.
At moment if we get some file we expand it path using known project and
packages paths (lcl is a package too).

But in case of .inc files we have a problem that name is not unique
(this can be also true for units but happens less frequent). For example
lists.inc is placed in
C:\programming\fpc\packages\gnome1\src\zvt\lists.inc and
C:\programming\fpc\rtl\objpas\classes\lists.inc here.

Thus we need to parse that lists.inc files and compare it with
method/function/procedure from the stack.

For example:
TLIST__DELETE lists.inc 123
We can finds two lists.inc (one in the packages\gnome and second in the rtl\objpas\classes). Then we need to parse them and look for TList.Delete.

This all (searching and parsing) is not simple and requires much time.

What solution fpc team can suggest? How this solved by mseide developers?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.