[fpc-devel] new TMultiReadExclusiveWriteSynchronizer

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 28 15:29:33 CEST 2009

Is there support for semaphores?
the following should work

you need:
- a WriterSemaphore initialized at 1
  (the writer semaphore is like the CriticalSection, it may be better
named ExclusiveSemaphore)
- a ReaderSemaphore initalized at 0

* when writing you will do this
- decrease the WriterSemaphore  by 1
  if a writer already exists (writing or waiting for readers to finish)
then it already is zero, and the code will wait
- wait for the ReaderSemaphore  to be 0
- WRITE
- increase the WriterSemaphore  by 1

* when reading you will do this