[fpc-devel] ctypes and RTL

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 15 12:55:14 CEST 2008

Op Mon, 15 Sep 2008, schreef Ivo Steinmann:

> my changes are so small. for the users itself there's almost no change,
> except that they have to use UnixType unit also now

Compatibility is a big issue. When breaking it this means about most code
using the Unix units will suddenly no longer compile.

It would also create confusion with old documentation still in
circulation.

I agree with the technical merit of your changes, but I haven't heard a
strong argument for the need to break compatibility. A unit that becomes a
little bit more elegant is too weak for the hassle that it causes.

Daniël