[fpc-devel] -1 mod 3

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 28 16:40:11 CET 2008

Op Tue, 28 Oct 2008, schreef Thaddy:

> Or maybe a new switch: COMPUTATIONALLYWRONG_MATHEMATICALLYCORRECT ON/OFF?
> Although an assumed standard, lot´s of modern calculations depend on a mod
> being able to assume a negative value.

There is no need for such a switch. No programs needs it, because if you
need to positive value you need just one if statement.

The only possible issue can be compatibility with programs in ISO dialect.
But FPC developers have signalled a lack of attractive code bases in ISO
dialect, which means we will not spend our valuable time on such a mode,
it serves little purpose. People interrested in such a mode can
contribute patches.

Daniël