[fpc-devel] circular uses clauses

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:52:03 CEST 2008

Hi.

Quote from CodeGear news
"circular uses clauses - why can't I declare two classes in two units
that refer to each other? Why doesn't forward declarations cope with
this? I've got this feature in C, C++ and C# why not Delphi?"

That's a good question... Why can't FPC allow that either?  I don't
know the internals of FPC, but can't FPC simply keep a list of used
units as it compiles, so it simply skips any later references. What is
the technical issue?  I'm just curious here.

Regards,
  - Graeme -