[fpc-devel] -1 mod 3

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 5 13:36:55 CET 2008

Op Wed, 5 Nov 2008, schreef Dmitry Lizorkin:

> Except probably for my 150 students to whom i can no longer recommend FPC as
> a reference implementation.

That's okay. You should never have recommended FPC as a reference
implementation, because we are not. We started to implement the Borland
dialect, now implement the Mac dialect, so you can nowadays consider FPC a
compiler that implements the family of UCSD derived dialects. The UCSD
dialect predates, and is not compatible with, the ISO dialect.

Daniël