[fpc-devel] Need patch for bugs : 0011503 / 0009472

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Thu Jun 19 14:08:55 CEST 2008

    Hi Michael,

Thank you! I will be looking into the code, and see if I can add the
functionality with some switch. We may redo the code, however it will
probably take well over a year for fully rewriting it all, and it may not be
necessarily a smart thing. Delphi unlike C++ does not have any form of
function or block enclosement, and the interfaces are the closest thing to
functional enclosement we have, aside from the error prone try/finally pair.
If we lose it, we lose a major development tool :-( . It surely downgrades
the Pascal language a notch. I hope however that sometime in the future we
will finally have a real functional enclosement in Pascal, but who know ;-)
.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software