[fpc-devel] Re: Debug Info proposal

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Jan 13 18:40:38 CET 2008

Fabio Dell'Aria wrote:
> Can you tell we more about the iirc gdb please?

IIRC -> If I Recall Correctly

This is about plain gdb, since fpide uses gdblib I don't know if it
counts foir that too.

Anyway, on my fedora core, I've the option to install a
somelib-debuginfo package. This package installs
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/libname.so.x.y.z.debug
and
/usr/src/debug/packagename-version/*.c

I didn't read the gdb info again, but from what I recal, gdb
automagically searches for any path+lib loaded in /usr/lib/debug
if this path+lib.debug exists. If so, it uses that as symbol source.
Further, it looks in /usr/src/debug/ for sources.

This is why I wondered about the statement that the debugger doesn't
support it.

Marc