[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 18 16:21:07 CET 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008 15.35:10 Michael Schnell wrote:

> >> Can MSEgui be integrated with Lazarus ? Could it be installed as another
> >> widgetset
> >
> > Not easy. Suggestion: use MSEide.
>
> As in the end I and my colleagues will be porting a Delphi application,
> Lazarus is by far easier to use.

Why if it is a non gui project? MSEgui component hierarchy inherits from
TComponent as Lazarus and Delphi do. If you don't use TControl you can do the
development with MSEide, MSEide can handle TComponent descendents in
datamodules (actually even better than Lazarus because design time
inter-module component linking is supported). ;-)

> I suppose it should be possible to use the appropriate MSEgui units in a
> Lazarus project, which supposedly needs to be set up as a "program".
>
> Nonetheless it would be nice to have a nonGUI widgetset set in Lazarus
> or be able to define an Application that in fact is a tnoguiapplication.
> Maybe it is possible to reuse some code form MSEgui to allow for a
> tnoguiapplication in Lazarus. Do you think it's possible to derive
> tnoguiapplication from tcustomapplication in Lazarus ?

You mean TCustomApplication from FPC FCL? Sure, TCustomApplication does
nothing in DoRun.

Martin