[fpc-devel] how to recompile & install only a section of the FCL

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:30:03 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> make all
> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_2.2.3
>
> from the fcl-fpcunit directory.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I have also been playing with the 'fpmake' build system. I can build
and archive everything without issues in the fpcunit directory. I'm
going to try the 'install' command now, to see what it does. ;-)

>> --------[ startbuild.sh  ]---------------------
>> make clean
>> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc_2.2.3
>> ------------------------------------
>
> There should be a "make all" in between the clean and install (install does
> indeed normally compile stuff that isn't compiled yet, but it's not tested
> nor guaranteed to work).

Well, I can confirm that it works fine, because I have been using it
like that for over a year now. But I think the reason it works, is
because the 'make clean' line.  But for safety, I'll and the 'make
all' as well.

> No, it only gets reinstalled (a few things do get recompiled due to
> hard-to-fix errors in the Makefiles, but most stuff is just copied without
> recompilation)

Ah, that would explain why it's not currently working on my side.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
  - Graeme -