[fpc-devel] Qt, Java and Unicode support

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 2 15:32:18 CET 2008

> >> Why reinvent the wheel with all these different string types and
> >> round-about discussions etc...  Can we learn something from other
> >> multi-platform frameworks that solved these problems ages ago!
> >
> > Who said they did?
>
> Well, who said they didn't?

I didn't drag them into the conversation.

I quickly scanned the rest of the message, and still didn't find anything
about the design requirements of these, except that uppercase works after
ten years.

I'm sure that whatever we choose, in ten years unicode uppercase will work.

So, to cut this part of the discussion off, please come with real design
criteria from these platforms, and show that they apply to FPC, or forget
about it, because this is a total waste of time in a discussion that is
already complicated enough.