[fpc-devel] fpdoc and unicode characters

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:06:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Sergei Gorelkin
<sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru> wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>
>> No, but that was my first thought as well.  That is why I view the
>> actual generated HTML file that fpdoc produced.  It has a literal ?
>> character in the .html file.  I used Midnight Commander's editor and
>> Gnomes gEdit to view the .html file.
>>
> It looks like the problem is in htmwrite.pp unit. It is AnsiString-based and
> therefore all Unicode gets simply stripped away and replaced by '?'. Maybe
> adding cwstring to fpdoc uses clause can make things better for Linux with
> UTF-8 locale.

That makes no sense because I used the escaped unicode character
format, just like HTML does. So those characters (documentation
content) should be copied as-is to the HTML.   The following
characters interpreted by a Web Browser will display a unicode
character, but on their own (as-is), they are valid ASCII characters:
&#x2026;

&#x2026;

should be treated exactly the same as

<    or   >    or   &