Optimization strategies in IDE (Was: Re: [fpc-devel] symify.pp broken)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Apr 18 22:47:21 CEST 2008

On 18 Apr 2008, at 22:24, Tomas Hajny wrote:

> <rr at bttr-software.de>: host mailin.dcpserver.de[80.252.97.204] said:
>    550-AF-Rejected: Sending from dialup IPs forbidden [
>    550-http://postmaster.artfiles.de/BL-DS?id=0418-IYHyjmBia ]
>    550-
> ************************************************************** 550-*
>    see http://postmaster.artfiles.de/BL-DS?id=0418-IYHyjmBia  * 550
>    ************************************************************** (in
> reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> I'm afraid that you need to discuss this with administrator of your
> e-mail
> server, I certainly don't think that our server is connected via
> dialup...

It's because the idefix' canonical hostname (the one you get when
performing a reverse dns lookup on its ip address) contains "adsl",
which is automatically interpreted as "dial-up/dynamic ip address" by
many servers.

There are more providers blocking mails from idefix for probably that
reason, such as pochta.ru (which also handles email for several
other .ru domains including rbcmail.ru, hotbox.ru and front.ru),
web.de and ukr.net.

Jonas