[fpc-devel] Beta Dos 2.2.0a downloadable
rr at bttr-software.de
Fri Oct 19 21:57:47 CEST 2007
Pierre Free Pascal wrote:
> Please report any problems encountered during installation or use
> of this beta.
As nobody else reported anything meanwhile...
Obvious problems first:
1) In <ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/beta/2.2.0a/go32v2/separate/> files
demo.zip, gdbdos.zip, and makedos.zip are missing.
2) In <ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/beta/2.2.0a/go32v2/shortsep/> files
basedos.zip, demo.zip, aslddos.zip, gdbdos.zip, and makedos.zip are
3) I only tested `shortsep' under Windows 2000 (with LFNs). Installation
4) Building <http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/gh-1100-src.zip>
was a little bit difficult, because IDE returned to DOS prompt *w/o* an
error message very often. Running GearHead was difficult too, because it
crashed after entering a characters name -> *w/o* any error message.
After playing around a got "-gl" to work. But only every three times it
showed a dump when crashing. Very strange!
5) I noticed, that examples\gdbint\symify.pp is broken, because it
assumes "0x" for hex numbers, where current FPC uses "$". I hacked it a
little to make it work finally. I'd like to share my patch with others.
Should symify be able to detect both "0x" and "$"?
When I tried to build symify.pp in IDE, I was able to build symify.o
only. It just didn't build an EXE file, but didn't show an error. Via
command-line compile I found, that there some libs missing.
More information about the fpc-devel