[fpc-devel] Re: fpc-devel Digest, Vol 40, Issue 15

L L at z505.com
Mon Oct 15 14:53:44 CEST 2007

Daniel Wrote:

> Basically, 2/3 of this unit is duplicated functionality. Interresting
> functions I cannot get somewhere else are string and path manipulation
> routines like extractfile*, trim*, wraptext.

Yes.. it duplicates functionality because it was a prototype or proof in
concept. I planned to wrap those functions like you say.  There are also
some functions in StrUtils which rely on sysutils that can be pulled out
quite likely.. I've pulled some out already in CompactStrUtils as a proof
in concept.

So the sysutils unit, can be arranged in a way that it wraps the ExtractFilePath
and friends. We will store those functions in a separate unit together, or an
include file. I need to know what you think is better.. an include file or a
unit that is put in uses clause. This unit that contains extractfilepath and
friends can be put in the uses clause of sysutils, and then can be put into
another unit called something like compactsysutils. That name is too long.. what
should we call the unit?

L505