[fpc-devel] Beta Dos testers for 2.2.0a wanted

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 2 14:13:54 CEST 2007

  It seems that the IDE compiled without special OPT setting
is not stable when you debug a program, but I did not have time
to investigate this.

> >  Another problem was that the install.dat file,
> > used by the installer, was out of sync with the current
> > sources at release date. As this file is only used for
>
> I didn't noticed that before albeit I used the installer several times.
> What was wrong?
  It is only for some zip files that have a different name
in the install.dat files than the name of the file created
by 'make go32v2zip' for instance.
  It does not affect the required files.

> >   I uploaded to ftp.freepascal.org
> > under ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.2.0a/go32v2
> > separate zip files, with install.exe and install.dat
> > files.
>
> I get "Permission denied". :-(
  I tried to upload them to test myself
and realized that the change that I made in
the fpcmake was incorrect and led to wrong
zip files (containing the wrong files or with the wrong directory
structure).

  This is explained in the README at beta/2.2.0a/go32v2 level.

  As soon as I get a correct upload, I will
reopen these directories.

> >   I would like to get feedback on the stability of the
> > IDE (especially while debugging executables).
>
> IIRC I got "internal error 291" (or 219) every time, when I set a
> breakpoint in a unit and started the main program.

  Using the IDE with debug info included,
you should be able to get a backtrace in such cases.

> >   If people are willing to help, it would be great to have
> > persons that would try to do a complete rebuilding
> > of the beta dist of their Dos system. Beware that you will need
> > quite a lot of free disk space for that...
>
> I could to that.
Thanks, Robert!

I will send an email when the files are ready.

Pierre