[fpc-devel] multiply resource files bug (commit 7515)

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Thu May 31 14:16:07 CEST 2007

Yury Sidorov schreef:
> From: "Vincent Snijders" <vsnijders at quicknet.nl>
>> Vincent Snijders schreef:

>>> I might have encountered one of the side-effects.
>>>
>>> I compiled Lazarus with some components (rxnew for example), and
>>> windres used 470 MB Virtual memory in the task manager. After a while
>>> I got this message:
>>> Compiling resource ..\units\i386-win32\fpc-res.res
>>> D:\FPC\2.0.2\bin\i386-Win32\windres.exe:
>>> D:\FPC\2.0.2\bin\i386-Win32\windres.exe
>>> : ..\units\i386-win32\fpc-res.res: unexpected end of file
>>> Error: Error while linking
>>
>> Update: using windres from fpcbuild\trunk\install\binw32 I have no
>> such problem.
>
> It may be windres bug or some of collected .res files is not fully
> correct...
> What version each windres have?
> Can you send me this fpc-res.res file?

Working version (from fpc 2.3.1):
GNU windres 2.16.91 20050827
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

Not working version (from fpc 2.0.2):
GNU windres 2.9.5
Copyright 1997, 1998, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

Attached is the used fpc-res.res file.

Looking at the version, I think windres is just too old. I never had fpc 2.0.4
installed on this computer, so I am still using the binutils from fpc 2.0.2.

Vincent