[fpc-devel] what fpc is good for?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat May 12 12:04:33 CEST 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

> http://z505.com/cgi-bin/qkcont/qkcont.cgi?p=Might%20As%20Well%20Use%20Dot%20Net%20In%20Place%20of%20FPC
>
> Nicely put. ;) I've found it has good points on some arguments. It's good to
> be considered. :)

Yes, but the language used puts off some people.

As far as I know, Lars is a FPC fan, and he merely wishes to express concern about
some of the issues he has with FPC (I'll leave the matter of whether his concerns
are justified up to others to comment on). This is OK, but flame wars have been
started on less strongly formulated opinions. Even when it is expressly stated
that the opinions are put in an exaggerated form, as he did at the end of the page.

If you start with an exaggerated opionion, you can expect exaggerated reactions.

It only goes to demonstrate that to be truly critical and constructive at the same
time is by no means an easy exercise.

Michael.