[fpc-devel] How to build Win32 FPC compiler for linux-arm devices?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 29 10:01:11 CET 2007

> I recommend installing Linux on your desktop computer, which costs you
> much less time to accomplish than building a cross-compiler.
For compiling for ARM a cross compiler is necessary anyway, but
nonetheless I feel that when doing work for Linux it's a good idea to
use Linux as an development system, too. I'm sure that I'll go that way
once my investigations are far enough to suggest starting the FPC on ARM
Linux project.

Happily you now can legally use VMWARE to run Linux on your system
together with Windows. I do this right now and performance is really
acceptable.

-Michael