[fpc-devel] How to build Win32 FPC compiler for linux-arm devices?

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 27 13:40:18 CET 2007

Op Thu, 25 Jan 2007, schreef Paul Nicholls:

> Hi all,
>    I would like to try and rebuild FPC to create a Win32 cross-compiler to
> create linux-arm programs so I can see if I can develop for the GP2X
> handheld linux computer.
>
> I have seen various posts around the net on cross-compiling and building
> cross-compilers and am totally confused :(

Building cross-compiler is not a user friendly job.

> Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to building a cross compiler that will
> run under Windows to make linux-arm programs?

No, this does not exist.

> I know where to get the FPC source and the linux-arm cross compiler from the
> freepascal site, but am totally stumped as to where to go next.

I recommend installing Linux on your desktop computer, which costs you
much less time to accomplish than building a cross-compiler. If you still need a
cross-compiler, please read the buildfaq, and check out the forums, there
is enough info about this topic available.

Daniël