[fpc-devel] Wince hooks and ttimer support (for roozbeh and all fpcdevs)

alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it
Wed Jan 17 13:31:07 CET 2007

Yury Sidorov ha scritto:
> From: <alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it>
>> Hi...
>> I just talked to Almindor and he arrived to the conclusion that
>> there's something unfinished on WinCe LCL hooks.
>>
>> There are two roads to make his lnet libs working:
>> 1) make the hooks he normally use work, actually they seems to exist
>> but they do nothing or make the application crash when called
>> 2) make the ttimer work on wince, so he can call the CallAction
>> function that manages the connection "sometime" indipendently from
>> the application. That would be a workaround (so useful for me) but
>> not the definitive solution for lnet.
>>
>> I found that recent mail:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/lazarus@miraclec.com/msg12963.html
>> in wich Roozbeh talks about ttimer and it seems that he's working on it.
>>
>> I just want to know if there are any news in that direction, due to
>> the need to have lnet finished to avoid my cross-compile problems and
>> get my application done.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any answer.
>>
>> p.s. i'm trying to understand who works on wince, i got some minor
>> bugs to report too, like a
>> combobox-onclear()-width-odd-auto-shortening and something else.
>
> Please separate wince support in compiler and RTL/FCL and Lazarus and
> LCL.
> I work on wince support in compiler and RTL parts. You can report any
> issues in this area.
>
> Yury Sidorov.

Ok, so:

When i Clear a TComboBox, if it's width was 100, it shorten
automatically becoming a 90 TComboBox. (I didn't tested the effective
shorten difference, it's of course the "scroll box arrow's" width.

Another one is the PATH function that is still not implemented... in
Windows Ce there seem to be a Linux (LOL!) paths using cause all is
under a / root.

I know that Roozbeh was working on the ttimage component, that still
cause a segmentation fault if used (like the Tbitbtn).

Just cause i'm there... I pick the occasion to signal this website:
http://ccrdu.de/index.html
In wich the blogger shows (last post at the end of the page) a wince
application that he did with lazarus and i don't know which framwork he
did by himself, in the image is possible to see some components that we
still can't use, like the image, and there's a file scrollbox too. (the
appeareance looks good too).

I saw that roozbeh already tryed to contact him:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=30486030&postID=116454440043529173
and mee too, and he seems to be interested to collaborate.

Hope i was useful ;)