[fpc-devel] FPC support for Windows Service apps or Unix Daemons.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Feb 1 00:25:01 CET 2007

Hello,

I committed to SVN a unit that implements support for services on Windows.
On unix, it'll work as a simple console application, with the same semantics
as a service. The unit is called daemonapp.

I've succesfully written a test application (it's in fcl/tests/daemon.pp) which
runs cross-platform.

I've sent to the Lazarus developers a package which installs support for Daemon
applications to the Lazarus IDE; (lazdaemon) it should work almost as in Delphi.

Feedback would be most welcome.

Enjoy!

Michael.