[fpc-devel] 0010465: CsSubComponent component properties not streamed

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 30 13:18:59 CET 2007

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> Martin Schreiber wrote:
> >> The Owner-Owned relation is in no other location used during streaming,
> >> so you should not worry about that.
> >>
> > :-)
> > And that is the reason why I *have* to worry about. MSEide+MSEgui depends on
> > the streaming mechanism. There are some issues with IDE property streaming
> > you can't know until you tried to develop something like MSEide your self.
>
> Doh! This is true for any library's functionality.
>
> > I wish you were more constructive on solving problems of your "customers" or
> > you risk that your library will be forked.

I seem to have missed the original mail from Martin, probably due to
the crash of idefix. (the Free Pascal main server)

Let me just reply that we are being very constructive, in my opinion, for
the following 3 reasons:

1. The "problem" is in Delphi, not in FPC. I have code to demonstrate this.
   We could just take that position and do nothing. We did in other areas.

2. I have at once proposed a solution to your problem.
   I have not seen you giving a reason as to why you didn't want to use this
   solution, the answer from Micha seems to imply that there wasn't any
   reason given. But I seem to have missed mails, so I'll leave it at that.

3. I have solved the problem in a way that should satisfy your needs, as soon
   as this was possible.

But being constructive doesn't mean that the FPC team just should instantly
accept any proposal from any bozo out there. Each proposal is judged on its
merits, without regard to its origin. Yours included.

Seeing also that I (and others) sacrificed my (our) christmas days fixing the
crashed FPC server, and having fixed the "bug" as soon as that was done,
I think that any accusation of "not being constructive" is highly misplaced,
and doesn't do anyone credit.

Nevertheless, I wish you a happy new year, and many new users for a bugfree
MSEide+MSEgui in 2008.

Michael.