[fpc-devel] To make samples is my duty (as reporter) ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Dec 22 00:43:37 CET 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Andrey Gusev wrote:

> That strange, developers team do nothing without ready sample.
> See http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10457

First of all, it is not correct that they 'do nothing'.

Fixing a bug for which there is no test code is very hard.
There are 280.000 lines of code in the compiler.

With simple and straightforward code, the bug is not reproducible.
I have tried this.

So, yes, you must provide an example so the bug can be located
within a more reasonable amount of time.

There is nothing wrong with asking that, I think ?

Michael.