[fpc-devel] Bug 10352 (repost)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Dec 13 08:38:09 CET 2007

Adriaan van Os wrote on do, 13 dec 2007:

> Marco asked how I ran into the bugs. Well, I used
>
> - target win32
> - the external linker
> - USES JwaPsApi, JwaTlHelp32
>
> With this setup, the application no longer starts up for reasons
> reported (and many others not reported).
>
> My questions are
> - has this always been the case with the external linker ?
> - can this be fixed in FPC ?

Maybe the internal linker uses smart linking by default, while the
external one doesn't? What happens if you use -XX? (the makefiles
should compile those units always into smartlinkable versions
regardless of which linker you use, check your svn compilation log
files to ensure they are built with -CX)

Jonas