[fpc-devel] Bug 10352 (repost)

Adriaan van Os fpc at microbizz.nl
Thu Dec 13 08:29:00 CET 2007

This is a follow-up on jwa package bugs reported by me

<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10359>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10360>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10361>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10362>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10363>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10364>
<http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10365>

and a private discussion about them with Marco van de Voort.

Marco asked how I ran into the bugs. Well, I used

- target win32
- the external linker
- USES JwaPsApi, JwaTlHelp32

With this setup, the application no longer starts up for reasons reported (and many others not
reported).

My questions are
- has this always been the case with the external linker ?
- can this be fixed in FPC ?
- if not, do we have to conditionalize for various versions of Windows ? or use static linking only
for routines that are common to the various (supported) versions of Windows ?

Regards,

Adriaan van Os