[fpc-devel] fpmake listsources

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Aug 16 19:35:13 CEST 2007

While looking at the listsources command I found something peculiar (i
think).

The method TPackage.GetSourceFiles lists all sources stored in TSources.
This seems to be strange for two reasons

1) all sources are stored in TTarget
2) the sources variable in TPackage is never filled automatically when
you add units or programs from fpmake.pp, which would indicate the user
has to fill the variable himself, but this defies the listsources command.

This leads me to believe TSources is an artifact from the past. Is that
correct?

I would propose to change the implementation in TPackage.GetSourceFiles
so it retrieves sources from TTarget instead and then remove TSources
altogether.

Oh yes, what is the actual planned purpose of listsources ;) ? Is it
something similar to maven verify? In that case I would like to propose
to additionally list the results of all commands plus some checks. I
will give a more detailed example if needed.

Darius