[fpc-devel] About the new package manager and networking

Ales Katona ales at chello.sk
Fri Nov 3 19:40:33 CET 2006

I've noticed Michael just added a "wget" package getter to the new
packager.

We already had a small discussion about using lNet in the new packaging
system and it comes down to this:

The packager needs pure fpc solution, which lNet now is, but won't be
later (eg: when openSSL is added)

I'm willing to add the required networking support to the packager if
you guys tell me "how". I mean, should I add lNet as a choice to
package/base or fcl (not sure on which the packager actualy depends), or
just "inside" the packager (eg: not in packages or fcl)?

Personaly, I don't give a damn, I'm going to put lNet in packages/extra
later and you need a stripped down version anyhow (eg: you don't need no
openSSL support which forces a libc inside).

Please don't start a flamewar about this, all I need to know if you want
to use lNet for it, and how should I integrate it with the packager, no
politics.

--
Ales Katona <ales at chello.sk>