[fpc-devel] darwin - rtl include files

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue May 16 16:04:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 15:51:43 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > > See above. Jonas choose to only implement FPC_USE_LIBC for Darwin.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > AFAIK darwin has a libc, but FPC does not provide a unit for it.
>
> FPC doesn't provide a unit for libc at all. BaseUnix/Unix etc define what
> you get, and how that unit is implemented is not defined, dynlibs the same
> for shared libs etc.
>
> In practice there are two basic implementations; syscalls and getting
> access to the needed functions by linking to libc.
>
> > Right? And the FPC_USE_LIBC is set for all rtl sources under darwin.
>
> Yes. Note that it can also be set for Linux and FreeBSD (though that might
> require some minimal maintainance)
>
> > Right?
>
> Yes. But I still have no clue what you are exactly looking for. Maybe I
> could give you more direct hints if you said what you actually need :-)
>
> see also (the bit outdated) docs I made while working on the unix rtl:
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/unixrtl.pdf
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/porting.pdf
>
> > Is there a somewhere a list of the flags set in the FPC sources?
>
> No. Not like that. They often change.

That's exactly my problem.
How to keep the codetools up2date? How can they find the right include paths
and unit paths?
Using fpmake is difficult, as a lazarus compiled with fpc 2.0.2 should be
able to parse the fpc 2.1.1 fpmake files, which might use newer functions.

Mattias